Finding Serenity During The Stressful Holiday Season
It’s that time of year again when the holiday pressures start to weigh heavy on us all. The food, the shopping, the crowded stores, long lines, getting together with family and friends, and holiday party commitments can all add to the stress we feel at this time of year.
While we love seeing our families, the time spent together can sometimes create tense situations. Choosing the right gifts and sticking to our budgets is not always easy. Meeting obligations to see friends or attend events, while fun, can cause stress that steals the joy of the season.
So how do we rise up against the stress and anxiety we face at this time of year? Here are a few helpful tips:
- Do something that has meaning for you. Choose some holiday traditions that are just for your enjoyment. If you have a group of friends with whom you want to share some peaceful holiday time, create an intimate gathering at your own home. Our North River Ranch new construction homes offer fantastic environments for gatherings with state-of-the-art kitchens and spacious living room areas. Have the gang over for libations and treats. Consider a cookie exchange. Who doesn’t love cookies?
- Enjoy the festiveness of the season. Take a walk around your neighborhood and enjoy the holiday light displays. When you live in a serene and peaceful community, you have the advantage of walking paths and trails, quiet streets, and quaint shopping areas. Cozy up around one of the neighborhood’s fire pits with hot cocoa or an iced chai and gaze up at Florida’s starry skies.
- Shop local and avoid the crowds. Plans call for a “downtown” of local shops and eateries at North River Ranch. The gifts you can find there will be far more unique than anything you can get at a big box store and more personal than a gift card or an item bought online. You will be able to take the time to browse and peruse interesting, unique items that show your loved ones you made an effort to find something that truly means, “I thought about you.”
- Take some quiet time to rest and rejuvenate. When you live in a community that offers an abundance of outdoor play, gathering and green spaces, and fantastic pools and amenities, you can simply stop and relax. Whether you choose to sit out by the pool, read a book, exercise, or just take time to breathe, you can choose to reflect on the year that is coming to an end and ponder over the year to come. You can take “me time” without guilt or stress. If you do this, you will find that you gain renewed focus. The responsibilities on your plate will seem more manageable and you will enjoy the fun of the season even more for having taken time for yourself. You deserve it.
- Be both grateful and generous. Yes, while there will always be difficulties to face, there are always things to be grateful for, even in the tough times. Focus on the good in your life, your family, your friends, your home, and your community. Share the good things you have. Invite someone to eat with you and your family this holiday season. If you know someone who might be alone during the holidays, reach out to them. These last couple of years, due to the pandemic, were tough for many people. Volunteer to help a cause you believe in or share what you can with others. Check with your local churches and organizations to see how you can assist. North River Ranch supports local organizations, and we encourage our neighbors to volunteer, too. Giving feels good.
- Don’t forget to simply have fun. At North River Ranch, we strive to make the residents in our community find as much enjoyment as possible. We have created a connected, friendly, and welcoming environment for everyone who lives here. Take advantage of our abundant amenities and community activities. Spend time with family and friends in the great place you have chosen to live. Enjoy the holidays fully in your beautiful new home.
About North River Ranch
North River Ranch is the flagship master-planned community for Neal Land & Neighborhoods, strategically positioned and carefully planned to evolve to meet the needs of tomorrow’s families and active adults. It’s a fresh approach to development in southwest Florida unlike anything in the market today.
About Neal Land & Neighborhoods
Neal Land & Neighborhoods is a Manatee and Sarasota, Florida-based community and master land planning and development organization led by John A. Neal. The company incorporates smart master-planning and public infrastructure solutions to create the next level of elite community planning in Southwest Florida. By working with carefully selected new home builders, Neal Land & Neighborhoods aims to establish thriving, sustainable, livable, and ecologically sensitive communities throughout Manatee, Sarasota, and Hillsborough counties. Neal Land & Neighborhoods currently owns or controls several thousand acres of land entitled for more than 9,000 future residential homes and the supporting mixed-use commercial and retail. For additional information, visit www.nealland.com.