The Summer Heat Is Here – Stay Cool While Having Fun
When you live in a community like North River Ranch in Parrish, Florida, you can enjoy the many amenities and activities that make life feel like a year-round vacation. You might like walking or biking on the miles of trails and pathways, taking a leisurely stroll down, tree-lined streets or the Greenway, or challenging yourself to an outdoor workout at the FitPod. On hot summer days, take a refreshing dip in one of the community’s resort-style pools.
While all these activities (and more) are within an easy walk of each home at North River Ranch, remember that the Florida summer sun is strong, and you should be prepared when heading outdoors. There are precautions to take in order to stay cool in your new home as well.
Staying cool and safe in the summer can easily become a part of daily life. Here are some simple ways to stay healthy during the warmest part of the year:
- Drink plenty of water, especially if you are walking, jogging, hiking, or even swimming. Keep your water bottle filled and bring it everywhere. You might even want to freeze a few water bottles to carry with you if you plan to be outside for a longer duration.
- Eat lighter foods like salads and fruit rather than meats and dairy. And keep the meals small. Smaller meals across the day rather than big heavy lunches and dinners will help you stay cool because the body won’t have to work as hard breaking down what you eat.
- Make ‘cool’ snacks for the whole family. Frozen fruit bars, smoothies, and sugar-free Gatorade are healthy, kid-friendly snacks to have on hand.
- Stay out of the sun, if at all possible, during the most intense sun hours from 10 am to 4 pm. If you’re going to exercise or walk, do so early in the morning or in the evening hours.
- Wear sunscreen and make sure the kids do too. SPF 30 and higher is recommended, especially in the pool.
- Take swims to cool down and remember to refresh your sunscreen often.
- Exercise indoors in the air conditioning at Brightwood Pavilion.
- Wear light and loose-fitting cotton or linen clothes. Even if you are working out at the Brightwood Pavilion fitness center, stay away from synthetic fabrics that trap sweat and moisture. Even your footwear, shoes, and socks should be breathable, flexible, and comfortable to keep you from overheating. Never go barefoot outdoors. You can easily burn your feet on the hot, sun-baked, sidewalks and pathways.
Staying Cool in the House:
When you have a new home built with modern technology, you have everything you need to keep cool. Central air conditioning, the highest quality ceiling fans, energy-efficient windows, and light-blocking window treatments all add to the efficiency and cost-effective cooling of your home.
Keep the blinds closed during the heat of the day. Even though the windows are built to save energy, the sun beating through them can add to the heat in the home. Keep the ceiling fans running. They can help drop the temperature in a room and allow you to keep your air conditioning at slightly higher temperatures, saving money and energy use.
New homes at North River Ranch have some of the most efficient insulation and highest-quality roofing materials available, all designed to keep the house cool during hot summer months.
Explore the energy-efficient homes offered by the award-winning, hand-selected home builders at https://northriverranch.com/live/.
About North River Ranch
North River Ranch is the flagship master-planned community for Neal Land & Neighborhoods, strategically positioned and carefully planned to evolve to meet the needs of tomorrow’s families and active adults. It’s a fresh approach to development in southwest Florida unlike anything in the market today.
About Neal Land & Neighborhoods
Neal Land & Neighborhoods is a Manatee and Sarasota, Florida-based community and master land planning and development organization led by John A. Neal. The company incorporates smart master-planning and public infrastructure solutions to create the next level of elite community planning in Southwest Florida. By working with carefully selected new home builders, Neal Land & Neighborhoods aims to establish thriving, sustainable, livable, and ecologically sensitive communities throughout Manatee, Sarasota, and Hillsborough counties. Neal Land & Neighborhoods currently owns or controls several thousand acres of land entitled for more than 9,000 future residential homes and the supporting mixed-use commercial and retail. For additional information, visit www.nealland.com.